Re: x10 Help

"Frank Mc Alinden" <Frank.Mc.Alinden.2xgik2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

<stuff snipped>

> Now that i have a few days off i thought i would try and get the x10
> stuff working but this time round i couldnt get any on the plugin
> modules to respond  at all ;-( .......I can however control  an LD11
> which has a lamp connected to it and have placed it in several
> locations around my small house and it responds fine...I have tried
> setting up a lamp module with the same id as the LD11 and plugged into
> the same power strip as the LD11 but it doesnt respond ......any ideas
> ????

I think you'll have to describe the equipment you're using for the US
readers.  I tried to do that, and when I put LD11 and X-10 into Google I got
this page:

Warning - visiting this web site may harm your computer!
You can learn more about harmful web content and how to protect your
computer at StopBadware.org.
Suggestions:
Return to the previous page and pick another result.
Try another search to find what you're looking for.
Or you can continue to
http://www.atg.com.hk/en/Productview.asp?productid=10033 at your own risk.
Advisory provided by Google

Fascinating!  I read a while back the Google had determined that 1 out of
every 10 sites on the net is infected with malware, spyware or worse.  This
is the first time I am aware of that they warned me not to click on an
infected site.  (I know this doesn't help you with your problem, but I
thought Google's reaction to the search warranted some exposure here in CHA

PS:  Here's the blurb:

May 11, 2007 - Google Research Finds 10 Percent of Web Pages Hold Malware

According to research from Google, 10 percent of web pages contain malicious
code. Google closely analyzed 4.5 million web pages over the course of a
year and found that approximately ten percent, or 450,000, had the
capability of installing malware without users' knowledge. An additional
700,000 pages are believed to be infected with code that could harm users'
computers. The company says it has "started an effort to identify all web
pages in the Internet that could be malicious." Most entice users to visit
the dangerous pages through tempting offers, and exploit holes in Microsoft
Internet Explorer (IE) to install themselves on users' computers. Google
also examined the vectors used by attackers to infect these web pages; most
malicious code was located in elements beyond the control of website owners,
such as banner advertisements and widgets.

Sorry to interrupt your thread.  I'll go back to the search to see if there
are other sites that give details about 240VAC X-10 gear without the
malware!

--
Bobby G.