x10 Help

Hi Guys

Im hoping you guys can give me some guidance with regards to x10 as im
not too familiar with using it...I use CBUS for lighting but would like
to be able to use some x10 plugin modules here and there as they are
much  much cheaper than using the CBUS wireless kit.........

I got one of Jeffs XTB II devices (in kit form)  a while back and had a
play with it connected to my Homevision controller....I did have some
issues with it but was too busy with work to spend time on it....

Now that i have a few days off i thought i would try and get the x10
stuff working but this time round i couldnt get any on the plugin
modules to respond  at all ;-( .......I can however control  an LD11
which has a lamp connected to it and have placed it in several
locations around my small house and it responds fine...I have tried
setting up a lamp module with the same id as the LD11 and plugged into
the same power strip as the LD11 but it doesnt respond ......any ideas
????

Also i was considering purchasing the elk esm1 and was hoping that i
can convert it to 240v by replacing the plug pak ...???? 50hz ????

Thanks
Frank

--
Frank Mc Alinden