Re: x10 Help

Frank Mc Alinden <Frank.Mc.Alinden.2xlj5j@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Now that the Oz dollar is up around 88 US cents i think i will order a
>esm1 and see if i can mod it....I just assumed that the U.S. version
>may have used the mains frequency  as a reference for its 120khz signal
>???

I'm not sure what you mean. The 120kHz bursts sync to the ZC whatever the
line frequency. The ESM1 detects ZC and measures the amplitude of the signal
at ZC+500µS.

>Have ordered a 240v version maxi controller from Laser in the U.K. will
>i be able to use this to calibrate the ems1...???

If the maxi meets CE limits, its output is 5Vpp. You might confirm that with
Laser. Plug the maxi and ESM1 (after replacing the transformer) into the
same outlet or powerstrip and adjust the potentiometer for full scale.

If you have access to a scope, you can measure the amplitude directly using
the RC circuit shown at http://davehouston.net/ESM1-TEST.htm