Re: IR Blasters?

>> The CB60 also looks like it is designed to
>> drive stick-on type emitters...

The CB60 is designed to connect up to 6
dual emitters.  The device can control
twelve components using Xantech or other
compatible IR emitters.  You may use either
the 781RG or 782-00 power supply.  Either
one will do the job.  The 781RG gives 200mA
of 12VDC.  The 782-00 is a 1Amp version.

Xantech makes five dfferent emitters which
you can use with the CB60:

- 282M Mouse Emitter
- 283M Blink-IR Mouse Emitter
- 283MW Blink-IR with Mini-Wire
- 284M Dual Emitter
- 286M Dual Blink-IR Mouse Emitter

The above are all intended for installation
within a few inches of the controlled devices.
With up to 12 emitters though, you can
probably place one on each device with
ports to spare.

The "Blink-IR" versions flash an LED when
they are sending IR to the component. I've
found this to be helpful when diagnosing an
installation.  With it, if a component fails to
respond you at least know you're sending
a command.

The 789-44 supports fewer (4) single or
dual IR emitters but offers things like a
"status" port to tell control status LEDs
on compatible devices.

Note that these are 12VDC devices.  A few
companies manufacture IR emitters with
different voltages.  Xantech is pretty much
the name to beat in IR distribution.

Side note: Xantech also makes some
sophisticated multi-zone A/V distribution
systems.  If that's an area of interest you
might want to give them a browse.  I've
used Xantech on my own jobs for years
with good results.  I sell their products
online at www.BassBurglarAlarms.com.
If you're a dealer you can order from
ADI.  If not, well...:^)

--