Re: Fluorescent Bulbs Are Known to Zap Domestic Tranquillity; Energy-Savers a Turnoff for Wives

Robert L Bass reconstructed written history in a novel way to say:

> > For instance, you accuse me of being
> > "sophomoric" and then turn right around and
> > spell my name "Booby" and trot out your favorite
> > animal insults about parrots and hippos.
>
> Those weren't "animal insults."  Parroting is an
> accepted term meaning to repeat what another
> has said.  Hippo-speak referred to what you
> wrote -- not to you personally.

Excuse me?  When someone says a person is "parroting someone else" that's an
insult.  It clearly implies they have no intelligence of their own.  When
they spell "Bobby" as "Booby" (which your apologia oddly omits, as if it
never happened because it undermines your rather novel interpretation of
recent posts), it's the same sort of juvenile insult.

Can you really say with a straight face that "hippo-speak" is not personal
when I am the only one it's used on?  Repeatedly?  How does he know I
don't/didn't have a weight problem and that's a *truly* hateful epithet?  He
doesn't.  He's just guessing, and badly at that.  Spin it all you want but
even a dog knows the difference between being stumbled over and being
kicked.

Let's set some things straight:  People who resort to demeaning speech have
very little intention of rational discussion like gentlemen.  They usually
want to bash people down in an effort to elevate themselves.  If people want
"cogent responses" they might try sticking to the facts instead of making
relatively tasteless AND baseless guesses about someone's IQ as a way to win
a debate.  If anyone mistakenly believes that the discussion was something
collegial, as you're strongly implying with your spin control, we merely
need to examine the actual written words.  It's clear this is NOT "debate" -
it's merely insults and abuse. Don't take my word for it.  Here are some
actual quotes:

"Does BobbyG have any clue"

"no cogent response" "He's just babbling at this point"

"the average Cub Scout is a better economist than . . ."

"Bobby's may never have actually (effectively) done
any of the things that he thinks _other_ people should do _for_ him"

"For folks that have a hard time thinking their way out a paper bag,"

"Now it's taken BoobyG a while to get taken in"

"present facts that you don't like, or, apparently, understand."

"you are not knowledgeable enough"

Can you spin those into non-insults too, Robert?  Why on earth would an
intelligent person dignify such a constant stream of insults with a direct
response of any kind, no matter how interesting the subject?

--
Bobby G.