Re: IR Blasters?

"Craig M. Armstrong" <upzqsse02@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>If I were to give up on the blaster method, what can I connect the
>output of the CPL94B to so I can have at least six emitters?
>
>In the Installation Instructions for the CB60 it says "Also, do not
>use a CB60 to expand from a 789-44 or a CB20. Expand from a CB12 and a
>791-44 only." Why is this?
>
>It does not mention the CPL94B--is it ok to use the CB60 to expand the
>CPL94B?

The CB60 also looks like it is designed to drive stick-on type emitters. It
may not have enough power to give you the range you want. But, you probably
should be asking these questions of Xantech's technicians.

In the Xtra Link Instruction manual, it says to place the "high-output 282M
emitter" within 6 inches of the target so I think you will need some type of
amplified emitter (e.g. the DIY version I cited earlier) to get the range
you want.