Re: IR Blasters?

"Craig M. Armstrong" <upzqsse02@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Yes unfortunately, and thus makes it hard to search for what I'm
>looking for. I did find the Niles IRC-1 and IRB-1, which according to
>the manual can work 18'-30' line of sight, but the manual also
>mentioned wall mount options for better aesthetics, but mentions no
>part numbers, grr.
>
>Also, I was looking to set this on a table or shelf not mount on a
>wall.
>
>Back to your point about the drive current, do the IRC-1 and IRB-1
>require special amplifiers, or can they be driven by the Xtra Link
>directly?

I think you'll have to "ask the man who owns one". From the literature at
Smarthome on the Xtra Link 172-94 the fact that the IR receiver has a 12V
power supply leads me to _guess_ that it amplifies the signal and can
_probably_ source enough current to drive multiple emitters. IRC-1 & IRB-1
each have two IR emitters and my _guess_ is they are connected in series
which gives you a twofer - twice the IR from the same current. The Xtra Link
kit appears to come with a dual stick-on emitter.

How do you plan to get the signal from the coax CPL94B Coupler to the 291-00
IR Receiver? And power to the IR Receivewr? Is the table or shelf adjacent
to the wall with the coax?