Re: AV & Media Room Design

Robert Green wrote:
> My next house will need a whole room
> devoted to PC's, DVD players, etc, etc.

That would be a bit of overkill don't you think?

> I'll be looking at houses today and I thought I'd pick everyone's
> brain as to how best design an accessible AV center.

One easy method is a closet with access to both front and back. How you
decide to accomplish this is up to you. Doors on both sides, door front
and open back, open front and back, door front and removable panel on
back, open front and hang a black blanket on the back, the possibilities
are endless.

I remember one house with bypass doors on front and back. This allowed a
bunch of equipment (6' wide) and the bypass doors can be removed easily
when major work is required.