Re: Network Camera and WebCam Solution?

"M" <mspencer_home@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:1181989727.354770.42240@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Im looking to buy a webcam and network camera, ideally a device that
> does both. I'd like to connect the device to my home (wireless)
> network through my wireless router (netgear). I'd use the camera as
> - a 'surveillance' device (either remote web access or email video/
> phot snapshots triggered from motion sense)
> - a traditional webcam (for Windows Live Messenger and Skype)
>
> Is there such a beast?

Depending on the features you want, you could possibly
use an ordinary webcam in combination with one of the
"wireless USB" products for both.  There are many software
products that add surveillance features to a webcam.
I have a free one (no time limit, no anything) at my website
(http://bobday.vze.com), and -- Google is your friend!

-- Bob Day