Re: Time for HA, finally. Thinking Insteon. Mulling this for 20 years. What is best?

> Robert,  Thanks,  My experience communicating
> with ELK support last year was certainly positive
> and supports your comments.  Maybe I'll send
> them another question and see what the results
> are.  I tried this with HAI and got a response
> containing the text from their website indicating
> they did not provide any DIY support, and to go
> to my dealer...

The problem with that from my perspective is many DIY end users will be left out in the dcold by HAI.  ELK has never done that.

> I thought I would give it a try, so found Smart
> Home listed on the HAI site as a dealer for DIY
> users. On the Smart Home site I then found a
> statement indicating that for HAI products, that
> I should contact the manufacturer for all
> technical support.  "Catch-22 anyone".

I have nothing against Smart Home.  They're a competitor.  I usually beat their prices but they spend a fortune on advertising so
they're still the big dog on the street.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics