Re: Time for HA, finally. Thinking Insteon. Mulling this for 20 years. What is best?

None of my neighbors have X10, as far as I know, but, someone could
plug into an external outlet and mess around with the signal.  This is
far-fetched, of course.  But the Insteon has some kind of protection
against this, if I recall correctly.

25 years of longevity would be great, but isn't X10 near the end of
it's usable life?  Or is it being refreshed?  I think the Insteon
people would like to believe that it would pay for their retirement,
but the current offering does not look like it will pay for that.  It
seems to be a good system, but is it as "High Concept" as X10?  I think
not.  X10 sounds really cool.  Insteon is hard to type.

I would like a wall-outlet replacement.  Insteon does not have this.
X10 might.

But I like Insteon, they are still there after a couple of years.  And
they are X10 compatible, apparently.  I am leaning that way, but, after
20 years of watching the market, X10 is still there.

Such a dilemma.