Re: Time for HA, finally. Thinking Insteon. Mulling this for 20 years. What is best?

On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 10:33:31 -1000, "BruceR" <razrbruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote in message  <459d649d$0$8958$4c368faf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>Jeff, Right you are about X10 reliability falling off as more Insteon
>devices are installed but you, sir, have solved that problem (at least
>for me) with your XTB II product.  I have about 60 Insteon devices right
>now and untill installing the XTB II the X10 signals were almost
>worthless evem with an ACT repeater.  Now, with the XTB II installed at
>a panel and in TW523 emulation mode, I have no X10 problems at all!

Bruce,

Please refresh my memory. Why is it that you use INSTEON in the X-10
compatibility mode rather than natively?

The native mode has numerous capabilities that (at least) legacy X-10 does
not including signal repeating, the ability to 'discover' INSTEON devices,
give them names/descriptors ("bathroom mirror light") and download them to
the devices for future reference, determine device type and revision
number, and so on.

Are these capabilities also available in the X-10 compatibility mode?

TIA ... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org