Re: X-10 RF meter (was Re: XTB II Review)

> Don't get misled. I've been using these receivers for several years,
buying
> the RWS-374-2 direct from Wenshing in Taiwan until they raised their price
> beyond where it made sense. The Radiotronix receiver is made by another
> Taiwan company.
>
>      http://www.wenshing.com.tw/DATA/RF-MODULE/RWS-374-2.pdf
>
> The Wenshing datasheet has always labeled the two outputs "linear" and
> "digital". I see they have recently started silk-screening "RSSI", on the
> module itself, for the "linear" output but this is misleading as it
requires
> further processing to use it as RSSI.

I'm not sure how useful their "analog output" would be for a signal level
monitor even with further processing.

The receiver I used was a module about the size of a postage stamp.  It did
provide a true analog RSSI output, which I fed into an analog input on the
68HC908SR12 so it could establish a link with the access point that had the
strongest signal.

Jeff