Re: XTB II Review

news:459ba606.1571282625@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> "Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >Build it for less than $50 and I'll vote for you as Home Automation Man
of
> >the Year for both 2006 AND 2007!
>
> Google on "RF field strength meter".
>
>      http://www.northcountryradio.com/Kitpages/rffsm.htm

Nice price, but probably beyond my assembly skills.  )-:

>      http://www.trifieldmeter.com/RF.html

Eek!  $300!!  Although I paid about the same for the Monterey, I'm not sure
I can justify that sort of expense for an RF meter.

>      http://www.rfsolutions.co.uk/acatalog/RF_Signal_Strength_Meter.html

Only 49 pounds for thre 315MHz units.  Not sure what that comes to in
American money but I suspect it's outside my price range again.  I've found
some used meters on Ebay for cheap (under $50) but with very little
documentation it's hard to tell if they work in the proper frequency range.

Thanks again, Dave!

--
Bobby G.