Re: XTB II Review

"Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>      http://www.rfsolutions.co.uk/acatalog/RF_Signal_Strength_Meter.html
>
>Only 49 pounds for thre 315MHz units.  Not sure what that comes to in
>American money but I suspect it's outside my price range again.  I've found
>some used meters on Ebay for cheap (under $50) but with very little
>documentation it's hard to tell if they work in the proper frequency range.

It might be possible to build one for under $15 but I'm not sure how it
might be affected by being handheld while searching for a transmitter.

The RF receiver modules that I specified the BX24-AHT and roZetta have a
linear output pin which can be used as a signal strength indicator. You
would want an inefficient antenna, a battery and you might get buy with a
multimeter as the readout. More likely you would need a PIC and an LED or
some type of visual indicator.

http://davehouston.net