Re: Time for HA, finally. Thinking Insteon. Mulling this for 20 years. What is best?

Yes, similar to the Elk but the Stargate is MUCH more powerful than the
Elk. I don't trust leaving HA functions to a PC as HomeSeer requires.
The Stargate also has, although no longer offered, an IVR board which I
use extensively.  For example, when I leave the house, based on which
garage door is opened, calls are forwarded to my mobile. When I come
home, the forwarding is automatically cancelled. The SG also calls to
let me know when the mail arrives or a package is delivered as well as
when the gardener arrives. Lots of other stuff too.

>>> Marc_F_Hult
>>> www.ECOntrol.org