Re: Need some antenna advice (for my CM15A, of course)

I'm afraid I have no more advice. I have had excellent results with this
antenna with the BX24-AHT, MR26A and CM15A. I've heard from several
others who have had excellent results with this antenna. You are the
only person to report poor results.

This is usually a project that takes a few hours. You have drug it out
over a few months. At almost every juncture, instead of following
recommendations, you have made less than optimal choices.

Still, almost anything gives a significant improvement over the original
antenna so your poor results may indicate some fundamental problem with
your implementation or (less likely) a defective or badly tuned RF
receiver module.

FWIW, I think the hardware used in the CM15A is excellent.

You can buy a 315MHz superregenerative receiver from Mouser for under $5
(509-RCR-315-RP). It will not fit the hole pattern of the existing
receiver module and you'll have to tune it to 310MHz but it can provide
a check on the existing RF receiver module. The output is in the audio
range so it's possible to tune by inputting it to the Line-in input of a
soundcard.