Re: Need some antenna advice (for my CM15A, of course)

You need 50-ohm coax (RG-58/U) for the lead-in. It's easy to find
pre-assembled in various lengths on the web. 25' lengths are common.

Location and orientation are important. I'd suggest on the main floor. Is
there a closet there you could use?

Proximity to a monitor is probably _not_ the problem but it wouldn't hurt to
move it away from the monitor to be sure.