Re: Need some antenna advice (for my CM15A, of course)

One thing that might explain why you initially had better range than you
have now. A poorly done connection on the cable/connector might have been OK
initially but shorted out later.

I had someone make up a 100' co-ax using super low loss cable. It was
useless as they screwed up the connectors and I was getting no signal.