Re: Need some antenna advice (for my CM15A, of course)

"Michael G." <514mike@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Thanks Dave!
> I saw the emphasis you added.  Thanks.  On my print out, there is no
>mention of any type of other cable, aside from the RG62.  Perhaps that
>it what confused me.

The last line of the initial paragraph was there already. I merely
underlined it. I did add some labels to the picture to clarify this and
avoid future confusion.

If you review this thread I think you'll find where you asked specifically
about the phasing line and lead-in. I answered both questions with lengthy
explanations.

>Weird.
>
>Okay, I am glad that is solved.
>
>Sitting on my lap, I have a 100 ft. roll of RCA Coax Cable, RG6, with F
>connectors on both ends.
>
>Shall I give a shot, or wait to find an RG58/U cable?

Give it a shot.

>I also have a choice of using my BNC connectors and cutting off the
>pre-assembled F connectors on this 100 foot cable, or I can try to buy
>some Female F Connectors to solder into my unit.

Since you'll need to replace one or the other, the best approach is to use
50 ohm BNC on the cable.

>I think if I cut off the pre-assembled ends, I'll be better off.  My
>female BNC plugs are ready to go, and I think 100ft is too excessive.

The loss per foot is minimal.