Re: UTC’s Interlogix division to close down by end of 2019

Hi Jim,

I just saw the dog collar one, and that is also a very good one... that was=
 a very smart dog.

By the end of next year, there should be some serious new units out there t=
hat will need assessing. I will look into the ISecure unit and consider its=
 pros and cons when it comes out. I'm just not holding my breath on anythin=
g.

If the new systems that are coming out, having a wireless keypad that commu=
nicates with a remote mainboard 'brain', that can be easily hidden in a rem=
ote part of a home or business, and it's encryption algorithms are above pa=
r, then perhaps that type of future system may survive the test of burglary=
 time. I do not think that wired systems are going away anytime soon.

I did have a customer with a V20p Honeywell system with an IpDatatel/Alula =
IP card for total remote control and full text/email/robocall notifications=
 as well as central station signals relaying, that purchased a Ring doorbel=
l. He liked the Ring doorbell so much, that he sent away for their wireless=
 security system and added Ring door contacts to his doors next to the Hone=
ywell door contacts, and maybe a motion. Then, he did not need the Honeywel=
l system and canceled his monitoring account. Of course, the new 'system' w=
as self-installed and it looked like the terrible job that you would expect=
 from a homeowner. Such is the way of the future, from self-appointed compa=
nies that proclaim true security and deliver mediocrity.

I would not want to take on monitoring of any online 'Bought on a Whim' sys=
tem that a homeowner installed. Though, a true professional system that is =
carefully inspected and thoroughly tested by a real technician, would get m=
y seal of approval.

My next best Doritos commercial is the 3 dogs that dress up in a trench coa=
t to get into a supermarket.