Re: UTC’s Interlogix division to close down by end of 2019

On 9/23/19 4:19 PM, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 9/22/2019 12:59 PM, Hogan wrote:
>> Has anyone seen this,
>>
>>     "UTCâ??s Interlogix division, makers of a variety of residential and
>> commercial security product lines, has notified its employees and
>> dealers that it has begun the process of â??winding downâ?? business in
>> the United States and Canada, and will no longer manufacture new
>> products by the end of 2019."
>>
>> Hogan
>>

> Yes, I have.  And I read very carefully what products are to go away.
>
> The Networx items do not appear to be in the mix.
> I have very happy about that!!  Since it is my panel of choice!!
>
> However, it doesn't mean that somebody behind a desk can't decide
> to ruin my day.  Which would not be the first time.
>
> Les

There seems to be a lot of talk that certain models. (nx, concord, etc.)
will be shut down.  I think this is wishful thinking.  What I have read
and talked to the tech support people is that "INTERLOGIX" will shut
down on dc 31, 2019. (period).

Questions:
1) what about the distribution agreement re: the wireless door/window
sensors)?
2) Is there is "white knight" waiting in the wings to get this co. back
on line?
3) what about all of those panels (simon, etc.) sold by the mass
marketers (read fast profits, no long term service)?
4) what about the services by Carrier that are required for the systems
to work?

FACT: the NX is a very good panel that has lasted many years because of
its versatility.  It should not be allowed to die.

What about those employees from Interlogix? Are they being brought into UTC?

What about a forum when we can all report problems ansd solyutions,
publish manuals, etc.?