Re: UTC’s Interlogix division to close down by end of 2019

On 10/25/2019 6:30 PM, John R. Sowden wrote:
> On 9/23/19 4:19 PM, ABLE1 wrote:
>> On 9/22/2019 12:59 PM, Hogan wrote:
>>> Has anyone seen this,
>>>
>>>     "UTCâ??s Interlogix division, makers of a variety of residential
>>> and commercial security product lines, has notified its employees and
>>> dealers that it has begun the process of â??winding downâ?? business in
>>> the United States and Canada, and will no longer manufacture new
>>> products by the end of 2019."
>>>
>>> Hogan
>>>

>> Yes, I have.  And I read very carefully what products are to go away.
>>
>> The Networx items do not appear to be in the mix.
>> I have very happy about that!!  Since it is my panel of choice!!
>>
>> However, it doesn't mean that somebody behind a desk can't decide
>> to ruin my day.  Which would not be the first time.
>>
>> Les
>
> There seems to be a lot of talk that certain models. (nx, concord, etc.)
> will be shut down.  I think this is wishful thinking.  What I have read
> and talked to the tech support people is that "INTERLOGIX" will shut
> down on dc 31, 2019. (period).
>
> Questions:
> 1) what about the distribution agreement re: the wireless door/window
> sensors)?
> 2) Is there is "white knight" waiting in the wings to get this co. back
> on line?
> 3) what about all of those panels (simon, etc.) sold by the mass
> marketers (read fast profits, no long term service)?
> 4) what about the services by Carrier that are required for the systems
> to work?
>
> FACT: the NX is a very good panel that has lasted many years because of
> its versatility.  It should not be allowed to die.
>
> What about those employees from Interlogix? Are they being brought into
> UTC?
>
> What about a forum when we can all report problems ansd solyutions,
> publish manuals, etc.?

Hi John,

YES, it is going to get quite ugly in the next few months.

And YES, it would be nice of some Knight on a White Horse would swoop in
and fix it for all of us using the NX product line.
(and maybe some of the others)

However, I fear that is just a dream.............just a dream.

Needless to say it will be smart for all to plan for the worst
by learning a new panel to fill your needs, wants and desires.

Personally, I am looking at first acquiring a few panels and
auxiliary devices to help with the transition.
Then I will work into using the DSC-NEO panels as my panel of
choice.  The alterative to the DSC-NEO will be the ELK-M1.

If someone actually does take over the NX product ling and
keeps it going I am there in a heart beat.

As for your list of questions.  I will let some of that to others.

Les