Re: UTC’s Interlogix division to close down by end of 2019

I'm just saying that there is some new technology that we not like but like=
 motion detectors, glass break detectors and such, that were "new technolog=
y" in their day and have not been all that much improved since their introd=
uction, yet still being used, ---- the new technology will find it's place =
in the trade and be properly used by some and mis-used by others.=20

I don't have any (that I am aware of) false alarms from mis-applied motion =
detectors. I understand how they work, what their capabilities and limitati=
ons are ------ "Now". I can anticipate potential problems after a lifetime =
of experience. I can't credit the manufacturers with much of the knowledge =
I have gained though. And, from what I see of installations I come across, =
 I can't say that many of my local peers have gained that experience. As fa=
r as shock sensors on glass and glass break detectors, the end user is neve=
r going to test these sensors and neither do installers. I often wonder how=
 many thousands of these sensors are sitting out there that have failed for=
 various reasons and no one will ever be the wiser.

I agree with you about the wifi thingy - toy, however semi related to that =
technology, I am anxious to see what 5G is going to provide us with (if any=
thing). (spread spectrum ? BFSK?)

And, yeah - sure there are high security this and that contact and method b=
ut hardly anyone uses these things unless it's a bank or liquor or jewelry =
store, etc. Residential systems have degraded to little more than a sign on=
 the front lawn.=20

I think you're right about diversification of components but I don't think =
you are going to see much tendency away from the "concentrated" approach. I=
 have to say that in spite of the fact that the Napco Isecure is basically =
a wireless system, they have stayed away from that approach. And I do think=
 that they have a module for making the system hardwired. I'll have to see =
how it pans out. Just so you know, even though most people site the Napco p=
rogramming as a detriment I've used Napco equipment for over 45 years so I =
have evolved with it and the programming is second nature to me now. Second=
ary to that, --- knowing how to program Napco makes all others a piece of c=
ake.=20

Yes, I had already seen the Dorito's commercial with "Jimmy" but in fact I =
liked the one with the dog collar best of all.