Re: UTC’s Interlogix division to close down by end of 2019

On Friday, October 25, 2019 at 5:30:25 PM UTC-5, John R. Sowden wrote:

> Questions:
> 1) what about the distribution agreement re: the wireless door/window
> sensors)?

I spoke with Ecolink who manufacture some of the latest Interlogix sensors, Interlogix has exclusive distribution rights at the moment but they are working on getting that back. As far as the other Interlogix sensors they would be gone

Easy to move to Qolsys Ecolink or Resolution technologies

> 2) Is there is "white knight" waiting in the wings to get this co. back
> on line?

Nope

> 3) what about all of those panels (simon, etc.) sold by the mass
> marketers (read fast profits, no long term service)?

As in installed panels? they would continue until replaced by newer panels, no different than any other orphan panel

> 4) what about the services by Carrier that are required for the systems
> to work?

If you mean remote services like Ultrasync that would go away however Alarm.com would pick up that slack

> FACT: the NX is a very good panel that has lasted many years because of
> its versatility.  It should not be allowed to die.

Agreed but it likely will die along with the Concord

> What about those employees from Interlogix? Are they being brought into UTC?

Some of them yes, a lot of them no

> What about a forum when we can all report problems ansd solyutions,
> publish manuals, etc.?

Already have that here, and manuals can be found anywhere