Re: UTC’s Interlogix division to close down by end of 2019

On 10/28/2019 2:15 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
> On Friday, October 25, 2019 at 9:45:36 PM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:

>>> There seems to be a lot of talk that certain models. (nx, concord, etc.)
>>> will be shut down.  I think this is wishful thinking.  What I have read
>>> and talked to the tech support people is that "INTERLOGIX" will shut
>>> down on dc 31, 2019. (period).
>>>
>>> Questions:
>>> 1) what about the distribution agreement re: the wireless door/window
>>> sensors)?
>>> 2) Is there is "white knight" waiting in the wings to get this co. back
>>> on line?
>>> 3) what about all of those panels (simon, etc.) sold by the mass
>>> marketers (read fast profits, no long term service)?
>>> 4) what about the services by Carrier that are required for the systems
>>> to work?
>>>
>>> FACT: the NX is a very good panel that has lasted many years because of
>>> its versatility.  It should not be allowed to die.
>>>
>>> What about those employees from Interlogix? Are they being brought into
>>> UTC?
>>>
>>> What about a forum when we can all report problems ansd solyutions,
>>> publish manuals, etc.?
>>
>> Hi John,
>>
>> YES, it is going to get quite ugly in the next few months.
>>
>> And YES, it would be nice of some Knight on a White Horse would swoop in
>> and fix it for all of us using the NX product line.
>> (and maybe some of the others)
>>
>> However, I fear that is just a dream.............just a dream.
>>
>> Needless to say it will be smart for all to plan for the worst
>> by learning a new panel to fill your needs, wants and desires.
>>
>> Personally, I am looking at first acquiring a few panels and
>> auxiliary devices to help with the transition.
>> Then I will work into using the DSC-NEO panels as my panel of
>> choice.  The alterative to the DSC-NEO will be the ELK-M1.
>>
>> If someone actually does take over the NX product ling and
>> keeps it going I am there in a heart beat.
>>
>> As for your list of questions.  I will let some of that to others.
>>
>> Les
>
> Hi Les,
>
> I know that Napco isn't such a popular product line but I think we all know that the future of the alarm installation business is going to change dramatically in the next 5 years or so. I know that Interlogix had a new system they were trying to promote but when I looked at it â?¦ although it had the features that make the DIY system popular, I didn't think it's price point was competitive.
>
> So getting to my point, Napco is working on a similar system which is going to be released "soon" (as they say) It may not be released in time to be considered in your quests for a new provider, but I sincerely think that everyone should be looking at migrating to this type of system. I think that this is the next step in the evolution of alarm panels.
>
> Look at Isecurealarms.com. I don't know any of the qualities of their system and I'm not saying they've got it right(it looks like they just squeezed panel and Starlink into one plastic covered box)  but the concept is what's in our future.

Hi Jim,

First I will say that I have a certain amount of petty issues. :-)
That being said, the petty issue I have with Napco is the stupid
location of the Zero(0).  I have worked on but, can't say I have
ever installed one from scratch.  I am sure that someone decided
that it looks prettier over there........  But, I find it a bit
of a pain to find when needed.

I know that if you use it every day, it is no big deal.  But,
if you use one every now and then it is a different story.

I looked at Isecurealarms.com as suggested and it appears that
the zero is still in the same spot.  Sooooo, I don't think the
NEW Napco thingie is in my future.  Sorry!!

I know, I know, too petty.....................

So how do you thing Richard Petty does it???

Les