Re: ADT purchased Reliance/Protectron in Canada

On Friday, May 23, 2014 1:01:14 PM UTC-4, Jim wrote:
> [...]
> >=20
>=20
> > > lasts  :^)
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > > Too bad Robert Bass is dead, he was a respectful person when treated =
with=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > > respect, and would contribute to the group in a positive way. Rest in=
 peace=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > > Robert, you are missed...
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > > "All Nasty People Snipped"
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > > Russell W. Brill
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > Russ, I knew and interacted with Bob Bass for about 15 years on this ne=
wsgroup. Not once did I have a problem with him or his responses. I treated=
 him with respect and he did the same to me. In the process, I learned a lo=
t of things about security services in my early years in the business.
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > In many ways, I considered him a friend, albeit from a long distance. I=
 did however, meet him once when I was in Florida, and got the chance to vi=
sit him in his beautiful home and meet his parents before they passed on. W=
e rode motorcycles together and he introduced me to a lot of his Brazilian =
friends who, it was quite evident, thought a lot of him.
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > I spoke to him in his bed the day before he died. His only bitterness w=
as towards the health care system which he said had bankrupted him...he did=
n't even own the bed he was lying in.=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > I don't want this post to start another "anti Bass bashing" thread. I j=
ust want to post a different side to the man who is (rightly or wrongly) ba=
dly maligned in this group.
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> >=20
>=20
> > May God rest his soul
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Yeah  =20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Hannibal Lector and I treat each other with respect ..... so he must be a=
 nice guy.

Nah!He's just afraid of you .....:))