Re: OT: Interesting article on the healthcare bill

Robert L Bass wrote:
> "Jim" wrote:
>>
>> "You are now entering the land of Robin Hood. If you
>> don't want to contribute or be productive, don't worry
>> about it. You can get it for nothing. We'll just take it
>> from the people who are willing to work.
>
> I understand your sentiment, Jim.  But didn't Robin Hood actually steal
> from the crooked government?  It's been a long time since I watched the
> show but I seem to recall he was always grabbing from the tax
> collectors.  Now, *that* would put a while new twist on healthcare
> reform.  :^)

Well, it would certainly put a damper on this new program.

Robin Hood was about folks keeping more of the fruits of their own labor
and government staying the hell out of the citizenry's business.  OF
course in that day and age, the government was composed of the wealthy
landowner's who were also the ones who made the rule and 'governed' the
masses.  It is said he 'robbed from the rich to give to the poor' but
you're right, his targets were the tax collectors.