Re: UL trying to get rid of combo panels

"Bob La Londe" <nospam@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> "nick markowitz" <nmarkowitz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>>> I think Honeywell has one as well
>>
>> DMP piece is stand alone with out having to use the extra phone line
>
> It meets the requirement for two separate communications paths?  Do you
> know how it meets that requirement?  Does it use and check in on both GSM
> and CDMA every 24hrs?  If not how does it meet the requirement?  Of course
> even if it does DMP wouldn't sell to me anyway, but I am curious.  It
> can't be a

I wouldn't take the "Not Selling to you" thing personally, they pull that
S**T in my area too... FYI: They seem to be taking the low road like a lot
of the other manufacturers have by jumping into the Lick & Stick market.
Have you seen their new product yet? Take a looks see http://dmp.com/XTL ...
All of the Door-to-Door companies will probably be selling it next summer.
So far Bosch hasn't lowered themselves to that level yet, hopefully they
never will... Come to think of it, Napco doesn't make a all in one lick &
stick system either... It sounds like they (Napco) have been spending the
last couple of years designing some new product lines that only Trained
PROFESSIONALS can install, hmmm image that :-)