Re: Napco GEM-RP1CAe2 keypads

On Jan 24, 10:22=EF=BF=BDpm, "alarman" <nos...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I was thinking you might be able to use a piece to mold around the wire h=
ole
> in the drywall/plaster, no back box necessary. Just a playing card sized
> piece pressed into the keypad back plate, and molded tightly around the
> wire. I suppose silly putty would work for that matter. Just a thought. I=
've
> never used those pads in an alarm application. I just remember them from
> when I was an electrician in another life.
>
> --
> js

In this group, Silly Putty is an appropriate suggestion for just about
anything.

Since my last post, I was thinking that good old fashioned "Duc seal"
would work also. Don't know why I never thought of it. Could be
because I know I've got a pack of it in my "seldom used tools", tool
box but that's located somewhere in the basement of my van.

Of course the problem  with any kind of sealer is, that you have to
block the hole with the sealer while the wires for the keypad are
hanging out of the wall and then when you try to push the wires back
in to snap the keypad in place, the sealer pushes back in the wall
too. And if it doesn't, the wires push through the sealer, leaving a
space for air to come though.

With the Napco keypads there's no room to coil any excess wire between
the keypad face and the backplate.

Anyway, as I said, if I can stuff insulation in the hole and it will
stay, that's what I do now. Otherwise, I don't bother.