Re: Napco GEM-RP1CAe2 keypads

"Jim" wrote:

> Robert B   .....
> I would really hesatate putting WD 40 on the Keypad. Kinda messy and I'd think
> it would discolor the buttons a lot, and catch dust and debris from the oil
> residue. and if you only did it from the front, the way the keypad is
> assembled, I don't think the WD would get to the back side of the memebrane
> either.

What I've found is that about half the time it's from pressing and half the time
it's just dirt.  I would take it off the wall, place it face down on a dry
cloth, remove the backing and then squirt lightly around the edges.  It took 2
minutes and it worked most of the time.  If it recurred I'd swap the keypad out.
A lot of people only tell you about "occsional" problems such as a sticky button
when you come out for annual service or for some other work so it was a
"freebie" timewise.

> Ummmm maybe it would .... I don't remember now.

One of the things I noticed about the RP1-CAe2 was if you don't make a nice,
wide hole for the cable entry and the sheetrock so much as touches the edge of
the wiring harness it will start to act up after a year or three.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics