Re: Napco GEM-RP1CAe2 keypads

SnsfWnZ2dnUVZ_tqdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> > "Jim" wrote:
> > =EF=BF=BDI've gotten an extra year or so out of Napco keypads using a j=
udicious
> > squirt of WD40. =EF=BF=BD:^)
>
> Since Az passed a smoking ban in public buildings and businesses I have
> noticed a sharp decline in keypad related service calls. =EF=BF=BDParticu=
larly bars.

I've found through the years that with the Napco pads, it's usually
the membrane
that deforms. I've taken them apart and used cleaner and erased the PC
lands
but it only lasts for a little while, if at all, and then the other
problem is when the
membrane warps too much and the keypad begins "chirping" when the
lands begin
touching one another.

I don't know if the deforming is a product problem or from pressing
the keys too hard.

I guess the deformation could be from dirty PC lands to begin with and
then the subsequent
harder pressing necessary to make it make contact.

Robert B   .....
I would really hesatate putting WD 40 on the Keypad. Kinda messy and
I'd think it would discolor the buttons a lot, and catch dust and
debris from the oil
residue. and if you only did it from the front, the way the keypad is
assembled, I
don't think the WD would get to the back side of the memebrane
either.
Ummmm maybe it would .... I don't remember now.