Re: Napco GEM-RP1CAe2 keypads

Jim wrote:
> I've never seen nor heard of them before. I'll keep that in mind for
> new construction.
>
> Usually in a retro fit job, I don't/can't use a back box. But some
> kind of a malleable
> filler is a good idea. I'll look into those pads. Might be a good
> thing to have around
> for other kinds of "fill-in" applications.
> Thanks

I was thinking you might be able to use a piece to mold around the wire hole
in the drywall/plaster, no back box necessary. Just a playing card sized
piece pressed into the keypad back plate, and molded tightly around the
wire. I suppose silly putty would work for that matter. Just a thought. I've
never used those pads in an alarm application. I just remember them from
when I was an electrician in another life.

--
js

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum