Re: Brinks Home Security Fraud

On Jun 22, 12:29 pm, "Doug" <n...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> "tourman" <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> >> Lemme guess...No charge?
>
> >> --
> >> js
>
> >> Cut the RED wire. No...wait!
>
> > RHC: Lemme see now....she's about 20 houses down from my place so I
> > walked over to her home....she's been my customer from 14 years paying
> > me every month.....she's a dear old lady, and not very able to
> > understand her alarm, and I have all her friends and relatives as
> > customers..... and it took me about 2 minutes to fix the problem.
>
> > You're damn right I didn't charge her ! If you would have, that would
> > make you part of the "problem" not part of the "solution"....
>
> > And no, I don't charge people for service calls relating to any sort
> > of trouble on their system. What little I "lose" up front, I gain
> > through multiple referrals and good will.....
>
> Charging a fee for providing a service call doesn't necessarily make one
> part of the problem, the problem was the keypad beeping, the solution was
> stopping it beeping, the method of payment is another issue altogether.You
> elect not to charge a separate fee for a service call, instead charging an
> all inclusive fee and that's fine, it suits your business plan and it works
> for you and your customers, but it doesn't mean that those that charge for
> individual service calls are wrong.

RHC: Quite right ! Nor have I ever said or even implied so ! (at least
not deliberately....) It really doesn't matter a hoot to me how other
companies choose to run their business....

> The bottom line is that your customers, and mine for that matter are paying
> for everything, and that includes the so called "free" service calls , be it
> by an all inclusive charge or for individual services rendered.

RHC: Absolutely right ! It's also the basis that insurance works on
(or should). Everyone pays a little so the few can benefit from being
paid when an accident occurs and the insurance is actually needed.

We also know how that "free" concept is used by other alarm companies
to sell services. Actually, their "free alarm systems" are not unlike
the "free service" concept that some companies use. The only
difference is that our clients actually get something for their money
(real service), while the clients of the "free alarm system" usually
get little for their money other than a hot shot salesman's foot in
their door, and often an entirely inadequate system for usually far
too much money.

But hey....that's the free market at it's best and worst......:)) The
consumer is king, and if he chooses to not do his upfront research
before buying something, then he has no one to blame but himself....