Re: Brinks Home Security Fraud

On Jun 21, 12:26 pm, Frank Olson
<use_the_email_li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> tourman wrote:

> He could learn a few things from the way Jim Rojas participates in this
> forum.  I've never seen Jim "flood" the group with off topic sales
> propaganda and reams of HTML.

RHC: Yes, I met Jim once and we have talked by telephone several
times. We also swap technical information from time to time. He keeps
it to the point.....

> > These are designed to awaken
> > sleeping residents and ensure time to exit the building. A non-
> > monitored smoke detector on an alarm system does nothing to add to
> > that level of protection (unless the residents are deaf and can't hear
> > them, in which case the local horn would improve matters).
>
> My point exactly Bob.  The local horn (or horns) and the ability to
> output to other devices (like strobes) gives the local security system a
> "leg up" over the standard 110VAC smokes.  Other features include the
> fact that the smokes are supervised, and provided with backup power from
> the system's rechargeable battery.  The same goes for carbon monoxide
> detectors connected to a security system.
>
> Yet you say you won't service a local system...

RHC: No, I won't touch them at all. It's the reason I explained
before. As any businessman does, you have to decide which market niche
you wish to serve. I make real security systems my "core business" -
from locks, strikes, re-inforcement of doors, through educating the
customer how  to PROPERLY secure their home, and on to other physical
security devices like bar arrangements, through to electronic security
systems. Every customer gets the once over in regard to all these
sorts of things, which they can then choose from. The alarm system is
only part of the "whole house"  security system, and the only one
worth a pinch of salt is a monitored one (IMO). I just don't want to
waste my time on a toy...

> I take it by that comment that you don't perform annual inspections on
> the equipment you monitor.  We charge a modest fee for this service on
> local systems which is reduced if the customer incorporates it into his
> monitoring contract.  Customers that opt for the service are also
> provided with batteries at no charge (this includes wireless components
> of the system).

RHC: Sorry ! I should have said, I have few service TROUBLES - I
didn't mean regularly scheduled service.

> I can't tell you how many people misplace (or throw away) their user
> manuals.  We get the same kind of calls as well.  I think it "goes with
> the territory".  It's a "cross we all have to bear".  :-)

RHC: Yup ! I came back tonight from a match out of town, to my wife
saying she had been getting angry calls from one of my customers about
her keypad beeping all day and driving her up the wall. A quick visit
determined she had turned the chimes on for her motions.....page 8 of
the manual....go figure....