Re: Brinks Home Security Fraud

"tourman" wrote:

> RHC: Glad to hear your wife wants to ride with you. It makes it much
more enjoyable to have an activity that both can enjoy and share
equally.

Yep.  We share other things as well.  Unfortunately, she has no interest in
fishing, boating nor (especially) the Amazon.  But we enjoy spending time
together doing all sorts of things.  We both love to travel, too.

> I had a 1985 Yamaha Venture for many years and put over 180,000 miles on it
> (330,000 kms). It's one hell of a fine bike with bags of power. I drove it
> across the continent six times, once even dragging a heavy trailer. Provided
> they have fixed the second gear problem which raises it's head early in
> life, the bike is bulletproof.

What second gear problem is that?  I haven't yet bought the Venture -- it
still belongs to a riding buddy.

> Unfortunately I won't be bringing my motorcycle with me again - I'm in the
> process of selling the trailer. My wife objected stenuously about this guy
> on a bike that was constantly tailgating us out the back window all the way
> to and from Florida...:)) She won't share the driving when we pull the bike
> behind the van.

I understand.  There's an alternative, though.  A Harley dealer in town rents
Sportsters and a few other models for ~$100 a day.  While not cheap, it's
still less expensive than trailering a bike down from Canada.  Anyway, if
you'd like to visit we can still fire up the BBQ.  You'll be the only member
of the newsgroup to really know how good those burgers are.  :)

> Also, I'm doing so much competitive pistol shooting these days that every
> weekend up here (and in Florida) is filled with competitions, leaving little
> time to ride. I have been giving some consideration to giving up biking
> altogether; after 51 years of riding, I'm a bit burned out.....(but we'll
> see about that over the longer term.....)

Why not quit working and just ride from one competition to the next?  Yoou
won't make any money but you'll have lots of fun.

> Cheers !!

The same.

--

Regards,