Re: Brinks Home Security Fraud

On Jun 18, 2:05 am, Frank Olson
<use_the_email_li...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> tourman wrote:
> > RHC: If so, that's their problem.!!
>
> Seems to me that you've been contributing about as much to the turmoil
> here lately as any of the "regulars".  Why not try to be part of the
> solution?  Believe me you're not going to offend anyone (including our
> "friend" in Sarasota) if you simply point out his more "over the top"
> posts (or do you do that via private email and leave the "kissy kissy"
> stuff for public consumption?).  Sheesh, Bob...  It was gettin' "pretty
> thick" there.  I was waiting for you to pull out the whipped cream and
> strawberries.
>
> When Bass starts flooding the group with links (as he's recently
> promised to do) what are *you* going to do?  Stand back and watch for
> fear of offending him?  When someone throws eggs at your house are you
> one of those guys that waits for it all to be over and then goes out and
> power washes the mess?  Seems to me that it's time to stop sitting on
> that fence.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating you add to the
> "noise" in the group (or join the "IB" as Bass puts it).  Heck, all
> someone has to do is mention "ADT" and what you post in response is
> nothing short of "epic" in length.  :-)

RHC: Frank, I was not going to respond to this latest round of posts
because it seemed to me it was simply promoting a continuation of more
of the same. However, in fairness, you and I have always pretty much
conducted ourselves in a cordial and professional manner in any
interface we've had, so it would be unreasonable to just let your
comments hang.

I don't know how I've been "contributing to the turmoil" here as you
say by simply chatting with RLB over common interests. It may be off
topic but that's nothing new here and at least it's not done in the
hateful tone that surrounds so much of the discussions on this
newsgroup. I'm not sure what being "part of the solution" means unless
it means joining in to contribute to all the RLB bashing going on,
which you know I won't ever do, since whether I would be right or
wrong in my assessment, it would simply add to the continual downward
spiral of this newsgroup into the gutter (where it sits a lot of the
time anyway).

I have taken RLB to task a few times when I don't agree with him on
technical matters, as he has done often when I say something that is
incorrect. And that's as far as it goes.

In the ten or so years I've been a regular on this newsgroup, I've
always tried to help people who come here get answers to their
security related questions. Sometimes my answers are correct;
sometimes they are wrong. But they are never given in a tone that
implies the person asking the question is some sort of idiot for not
knowing what we know as professionals in the business. Over the last
few years, it seems anyone asking a question ends up being scorned in
some manner, especially if he is a DIY'er who doesn't want his system
monitored.( Don't get me wrong - I don't bother with local systems in
any way, shape or form. I firmly believe that having anything to do
with a local system is a waste of my time and the client's money! The
equipment is only part of an alarm "system" which is the end to end
functionality, and that includes proper physical security
precautions !! ) That said, it is his choice, and not my place (or any
of our places) to scorn him for his shortsighted decision.

I am no fan of ADT as you know, but I don't think I've ever said
anything they didn't deserve, at least as it concerns the local types
in our area. Compared to others such as AlarmForce though, they are
virtual saints.  Brinks I only know about through posts on this
newsgroup - they are simply not active in our area of Canada (and
thank goodness for that I suspect......)

But the newsgroup has become next to useless for any real technical
purposes I see it having, to the point where I hardly ever read it
anymore. I see little further purpose (for me anyway) in sticking
around. And I certainly have no intention of joining in any of the
sh*t being thrown around  regardless of what anyone thinks of
that !! . If you don't like the content of what I say, then criticize
it in a professional manner, and I'll take note and we can discuss our
differences as professionals in the business with different
viewpoints. Come back with hateful or vile comments (as some do - not
you), and it gets filtered. I don't deal in the real world with people
who conduct themselves that way, so I won't on a virtual newsgroup
either....

As I've said, I'm in the process of moving on into other activities
and ventures in life, and I intend to leave the newsgroup as I entered
it. Beyond the little bit of help and advice I can  give, and some
occasional light hearted banter between members, I don't intend to
involve myself. That's it in a nutshell and always has been....