Re: Brinks Home Security Fraud

tourman wrote:

> RHC: Ok, I'll concede your point. It is a waste of bandwidth since it
> doesn't concern security matters. I'll hold off on those posts, but
> I'll also mention it when others don't do so either...fair enough ?

Check!

> RHC: Provocative !...?. It seems every time RLB says anything at all,
> he gets jumped on.

Most often with good reason.  I hate to tell you this (and please don't
take offense), but sometimes I figure your reading specs selectively
"blanks" certain key phrases Bob uses regularly.

> I'm not defending him or attacking him; just
> pointing out that it goes two ways. One or both of you should be man
> enough to bury the hatchet for the sake of peace on the newsgroup. I
> don't really know what has gone in real life between you guys, but for
> crying out loud, get over it.

Consider the hatchet buried.  As I've said before, I feel sorry for Bob.
  I'm not out to "get him".  It's sad that he continues to revel in his
"victimhood", but we all know the reason.  It's part of the DIY "Mantra"
he's written...

> RHC: His political opinions are his to give (even off topic). We all
> get carried away at times.

I could care a "fig" for his political opinions.  It's his continued and
flagrant attacks on others (and myself) that keep going "over the top".

> RHC: As I said, they are a waste of my time and his money ! I'm not in
> the business to encourage people to "micky mouse" their "system" and
> make a few extra bucks for a service call. They are completely free to
> do what they want; it's their security after all. However, I am just
> as free to choose not to waste my time on their systems, instead
> keeping myself free to service professional systems that I am
> responsible for. It's freedom of choice for both the consumer and me
> as a business man responsible for my time and actions. It's hardly
> wrong in any sense !  The customer can call anyone else they want to
> and that company is just as free to say yay or nay !! No one is
> obligated to provide service to anyone in those cases where they are
> not under a contract of any type....

That's true...  But I can't help but think of one member in this group
who chastised himself over the fact that he didn't sell or service smoke
alarms in the house in which his own son was killed in a fire.  I, for
one, will never turn down service on a security system (local or
otherwise) that will give me the opportunity to offer one simple upgrade
(or ensure the existing smokes are "up to snuff").

> My comment still applies as regards to how some new people coming to
> this newsgroup are treated.

You have to admit that some of the "new people" that post get what they
deserve.  If you can't be bothered to read the freekin' manual, then you
shouldn't waste the "bandwidth" posting a query on "how to".  If you've
read the manual and need help understanding what it says, then they
should *say so*.

> RHC: And in the process, they give our industry a bad name. There is
> nothing anyone can do in a free market to prevent this, but it's
> equally wrong to just accept this level of opportunistic, simplistic
> security marketing without objecting as professionals to what they do.
> We both know their whole "system" is sh*t !!

There are many parallels here to what Bob promotes in this very
newsgroup, Robert.  I don't see you objecting to his selling
non-compliant smokes.  Alarmfarce isn't "unbeatable".  Most people are
aware that you "get what you pay for".  I've had countless customers
call us to ask about their "protective services".  And "common sense"
says that one door contact and a motion sensor is not going to protect
the average home.  Bob sells parts.  He isn't familiar with the various
jurisdictions that he sells in to, and from the various installation
fairy tales he's posted I have serious doubts as to his "expertise".

> RHC: Noise in my definition is the hateful sniping and comments that
> some (including RLB at times when he responds to you and others)
> continue to smear over most every post in the newsgroup.

I can't argue with that.

> It's hard to
> find even one thread that doesn't deteriorate to mudslinging of some
> kind.

Check...  Usually prompted by some "off colour" remark Bob makes.
You'll notice he makes frequent references to "Cracker", "Jiminex", and
"Olson" in his replies.

> THAT is my point, regardless of who is at fault. There are times
> when I plow through this stuff, and my only inclination is to yell out
> for all of you guys engaging in this stuff to grow the hell up !!!!!

I don't think that's going to happen as long as Bob continues to "snipe"
at the various individuals he refers to as the "IB".

> Frank, unless you have further thoughts, lets drop this thread. I know
> what I see and you are free to disagree with me on those matters. At
> this point, I think we are both wasting bandwidth. I've said it all
> before many times.
>
> Feel free to comment if you want the last word...:))....regards

On the contrary...  I think this thread could accomplish something
worthwhile.  Let's not let it die just yet.  :-)