Re: programming an Ademco Vista

On Apr 28, 1:07=EF=BF=BDam, "Doug" <n...@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
=2E

> I don't know how or what your measuring with your meter or what you are
> expecting to see, but the voltage across a N/C zone circuit should increas=
e,
> not decrease when it is opened, also its DC not AC. If its showing 13.4
> volts all the time then the circuit is probably open all the time.
>
> Its sounds like you're using a poke & hope method to try and solve the
> problem rather than applying a little logic to it.
> You can narrow it down by disconnecting the motion sensor circuit wires fr=
om
> the panel.
> Short out the panel zone terminals with a piece of wire, verify the zone
> shows closed on the keypad and then arm the system, open and close an
> entry/exit zone and wait for the exit delay to expire.
> Open the zone by removing the wire, if it still doesn't activate then eith=
er
> the programming is wrong, the board is toast or you aren't connecting the
> wires to the correct terminals or a combination of the three...
> If that works then reconnect the wires to the panel and disconnect the wir=
es
> at the motion and twist them together.

> Verify the zone show closed and arm the system, open and close an entry/ex=
it
> zone, wait for the exit delay to expire =EF=BF=BDand then untwist the wire=
s, if it
> works then the either the motion is defective or you've miswired it.
>
> Doug-

Hmmmm

Who's taking bets that there's going to be a blown fuse, after this
one.

It's hard enough to train someone how to troubleshoot a system on
site, first hand.

I just can't imagine how anyone can think that they can get trained in
general basic troubleshooting techniques, coinciding it along with
troubleshooting a particular system they have no experience with.  And
then trying to do it remotely, on a system they installed,  with
someone who's not been able to examine the subtleties of the
installation that not might seem important to a novice.

It's like  ....  trial and erroring ...... trial and erroring.

At least you've got to be able to conquer the process of being able to
deduce the logical steps in trouble shooting    ..... anything    ....
before you get down to the specifics of a particular system, of any
sort.