Re: LOCKED PANEL

> i am not and never will be your friend!!!!

For me that is of no consequence, friend.

>> They are stuck because the salesmen *never* tell them the truth --
>> that the systems are leased and that they cannot get service
>> elsewhere.
>
> the salesmen should not HAVE to...it's in the contract!

You consider it quite acceptable for alarm salesmen to mislead their
customers?  That explains a lot.

>> The Brinks salesmen invariably misrepresent the agreement.  Many
>> homeowners have trouble understanding the agreement.
>
> then they should not sign!!

On this we agree.  No homeowner should ever sign a Brinks contract.

>> Many more, unfortunately, are so swayed by the slick presentation
>> that they fail to read the thing before signing.
>
> then they should not sign!!

We agree again.

>> While failing to read does expose people to being taken advantage
>> of, their would be no danger were it not for the complete
>> dishonesty of most Brinks salesmen, not to mention Brinks itself.
>
> hello?? did you actually read what you typed!!?!!?

Yep.  Twice.

> if there were "danger" due to the "dishonesty of most
> Brinks salesmen, not to mention Brinks itself", then
> wouldn't everyone read the contract just to make sure
> they were not getting screwed?!?!?

If people realized how dishonest the company is they wouldn't even
allow crooked alarm salesmen into their homes.

> you are an idiot!!

Glad you think so.

>> Why is it so hard for alarm salesmen to understand that consumers
>> are trusting alarm companies with their families' safety and
>> well-being and that they ought to stop lying, cheating and taking
>> advantage of the public?
>
> if the customers safety is that important (and it
> should be) then READ THE CONTRACT!!!

We agree that customers ought to read and thoroughly understand alarm
contract before signing them.  The point where we diverge is that I
believe alarm companies and their salesmen have a duty to treat their
customers with honesty and integrity.  You appear to believe that is
not important -- that as long as the customer can be duped into
signing without fully understanding the alarm company's treachery
it's perfectly fine.  That demonstrates a lack of personal integrity.
Your mis-typing of my name demonstrates a lack of maturity and
intelligence.  How unfortunate for your vict... err, customers.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics