Re: OT Crowding the Interesection DOES NOT get you out there any faster...

> Amusing, not important is how I would
> describe it, I'm a simple person easily
> amused...

Apparently so.

> I see humour in many things. One of
> them is the image that you yourself paint...

Unlike some folks, I'm able to laugh at myself.
Are you?

> that of an overweight bald(ing) ex hippy
> immersed comfortably in a armchair on
> two wheels...

An apt description.

> missing only a pair of training wheels to
> complete the picture...

That's the part where you're wrong.  The bike
is fast enough to ride along with much more
powerful rides and more nimble than many
of them.  In the short time I've been riding I've
acquired sufficient skill to maneuver through
the kind of traffic that would make many
(possibly even you) cringe.  I wonder if all
the years I spent skiing aren't a help.  You
learn to maneuver quickly and (more
important) to anticipate what's about to
happen as you move.

> probably with a mini van or other "cage"...

Yep.  My other rides are a Camry, an Odyssey,
a Fiat Adventure, a small Yamaha and
occasionally a Gruman Tiger (not mine but
I fly it now and then).

> in the garage at home...

Well, two garages in two homes, plus one
in a hangar.

> (over)using a somewhat derogatory term
> that on most days would describe you,
> and me, for that matter...

It wasn't meant to be derogatory though
you may wish to take it that way if doing so
makes you feel better.

> Sorry, but it comes off like a fifty something
> trying to sound like a twenty something and
> sounding ridiculous instead.

Naah.  I've no desire to be or seem 20 something
again.  In case you missed all the flak about it,
I survived a bout with a very dangerous disease.
It will be another five years before I know for sure
that I'm free of the cancer.  I decided when I got
sick that I would fight it any way I could.  I also
decided to make it a point to do all the things I've
always wanted to do in this life -- to live every day
as though it's my last (I know, it's tired cliché but
it's true).  Part of that decision includes things
like learning to samba dance and going to
Carnaval.  Part of it means taking long, leisurely
rides on my Burgman.  If that seems funny to
you, feel free to enjoy yourself.  My suggestion
would be to get out and do something more
interesting though.  Surely there's something in
your life more interesting than me.  If not, you
really have a problem.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass