Re: OT: Physicians for a National Health Program

On Dec 11, 10:04 pm, "Roland Moore" <nos...@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I assume you know Kerry didn't delibertly injure himself . . . . or do
>
> you?

Yes, I do. And so do those who were with himfor the incidents where he
received a PH.

I was only with hom for the incident where he received a wound that he
did not receive a PH.

> I never suggested anything about Kerry. I never researched Kerry's record
> that carefully.

I'm aware of that :)

>I think what angered many Vietnam Veterans was his political
> conduct shortly after his time in action. That probably led to his being
> "swift boated" more than anything else in my opinion.
> The only thing that I would say is that Senator Robert Dole (R)- Kansas and
> Senator Daniel K. Inouye (D)- Hawaii suffered far more serious injuries
> serving their country in battle.

So what? Many people received more serious wounds than either of them.
That doesn't make their Purple Heart any more, or less, "earned". It
is for a wound received in combat -- period. Lose a leg, an arm, get
killed, or get a minor shrapnel wound -- they all get the same award.

>Senator Inouye had one of his medals
> upgraded to Medal of Honor, I think Kerry tossed some of his over a fence.
> Between these two Senators, Kerry and Inouye, there is little doubt in my
> mind as to who I  think of as a real hero in combat.

All three of them are heroes.

Doug Reese