Re: Brinks vs. Tech-man.com

>>>  You, Worthy, are no better with all your
>
> Why would you post this directly at me when I didn't write what you are
> responding to?

You are the one who likes to refer to abuse as "kicks and giggles".

>> Quite a few of them have lurked
>> here for a while, but decided not
>> to post due to all of the attacks.
>
> That is understandable but lurkers
> are usually just that....

You still don't get it.  It is because the newsgroup is filled with so much garbage that most people don't post at all.  It is for
this same reason that industry reps just lurk a while and then leave.  It is for the same reason that many reasonable people get the
impression that the industry is made up of thugs.

You can try toi arhgue over fine details all you like and nothing will change.  Or... you can do your part to make it better.  You
choose.  We'll see if you really give a whit about the industry.

> And they probably left the company too.

The ones I've spoken to were all still doing their jobs.  Otherwise I'd have no reason to contact them.

>> You'd be surprised how many people
>> in the trade read this newsgroup.
>
> Possibly
>
>>It's  far better known than you might think.
>
> Which is a good thing. The more of this
> information that gets out the better.

You think so?  Most of the "information" is just abuse.

>> The same applies to a lesser extent
>> to the home automation newsgroup.
>
> Understandable. It is a smaller part of the market.
>
> >Those who've been around longer will
>> remember that Rick Helmke of HomeSeer and some of his employees used to
>> contribute there.  Ask him why he no longer participates.  He'll tell you
> in
>> no uncertain terms and it has nothing to do with me posting.  He was
> driven
>> out, like most true industry professionals, by the antics of the same
> group
>> of people who post trash here.
>
> It is a choice, no doubt. If they couldn't
> understand that there is no control...

Nope.  What they *understand* is that most of the people who claim to be alarm industry "professionals" act like a bunch of
schoolyard punks.  You contribute to that image.  You can try to blame the viewers for seeing your behavior but it won't change
anything.

The tone of your response makes it clear enough.  You care nothing for the trade.  Feel free to continue posting trash.