Re: More VOIP/Digital Voice

I am glad that some here have the luxury of judging products by their
technical merits and not by the effects that the parent company has on the
rest of the alarm industry.
As a practical matter aren't you guys talking about a panel line that I
believe technically doesn't exist anymore? I thought that it is called
NetworX since GE put the cash on the table. You know, the same ones that are
doing more to change the industry to the way they want it to be; more than
any other big company to date that has bought itself into the business. Now
if someone needs to post a login in to that site remember their warning. You
may get sent to bed without dinner again.
Certain content on the Web site is intended only for use
by licensed alarm installation companies and security
professionals. We cannot support or are not liable for
its use by homeowners or other unauthorized users.
No wait, I forgot. It is more important for some folks here to nag Bass
about some stupid login in rather than look at the big picture and see what
this monster company is doing to this industry. It is mostly by accidental
blunder so far, but it still looks like a cross between Godzilla loose in
Tokyo and Saddam leaving Kuwait. Kind of like their site being so unattended
and just left with errors and broken links; with a 'if you don't like it,
too bad' type attitude. But if these monster companies ever get serious, as
one of Bass' more famous digs at his detractors goes could turn prophetic
instead, and we could all end up just being clerks somewhere.
Remember to GE all gear is the same. They always say they can do what anyone
else can. The GE mantra is that the only thing that should matter to you as
dealer or integrator, as well as the customer, is that they're GE.