Re: More VOIP/Digital Voice

news:xM2dnZ99CaJqiujYnZ2dnUVZ_tmdnZ2d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> "Russell Brill" <russwbrill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>
>> "Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Russell Brill" <russwbrill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>> > I just replaced it with a v50 P3200 to test the NET-MOD stuff, the 1664
>> > was
>> > nice although I don't know what purpose it will serve unless they
>> > wanted
>> > cheaper panel with more than the 3200 could do, problem is its not in
> the
>> > same family and instead just a larger 1632
>> >

>> I take that to mean "not the same quality as the 3200"...
>
> Not at all, quality is the same however the family and therefore available
> functions are different, the panel belongs in the lower-end 816/1632
> family
> and not the 3200/9600/X255 even though it has more zone capability than
> the
> 3200, For instance the internet module works better on the 3200 than the
> 1664.

Yep,  Its really a shoe in for the 9600 and X255.  It gives full reporting.
Its my understanding its more like the Uplink 1500 of ip communicators for
other panels.

I don't use the 3200.  Its not enough cheaper than the 9600 to justify
using, and for most applications the 1632 does the job more than adequately.
I'll have to look and see how the 1664 is packaged and priced.  A few more
zones are useful much more often than the extra handful of features for the
3200/9600/X255 family.  About the only time I use one of those is if I need
more than 2 partitions.  Actually for those applications I prefer the Caddx
NX8E with its full feature modular expansion.  Need another partition
because the client needed another building?  Add an expansion module and box
in the other building and then just run 4 wires back to the keypad bus of
the main panel.  Its kinda awkward to program compared to the 9600, but
otherwise its a lot easier to expand and cover more areas.

--
Current Rides (Yuma, Az)
2005 VN1600B2 Kawasaki Vulcan Mean Streak

Past Rides
1996 VF750C Honda Magna
1976 CL350 Honda
1986 VT500C Honda Shadow