Re: More VOIP/Digital Voice

"Russell Brill" <russwbrill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:zn6dh.6528$sf5.1441@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> "Mark Leuck" <m..leuck@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >
> > "Russell Brill" <russwbrill@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >>

> >> Mark, if I remember right, you said you had been testing a Napco P1664.
> >> If
> >> so, what do you think of it?
> >
> > I just replaced it with a v50 P3200 to test the NET-MOD stuff, the 1664
> > was
> > nice although I don't know what purpose it will serve unless they wanted
> > cheaper panel with more than the 3200 could do, problem is its not in
the
> > same family and instead just a larger 1632
> >

> I take that to mean "not the same quality as the 3200"...

Not at all, quality is the same however the family and therefore available
functions are different, the panel belongs in the lower-end 816/1632 family
and not the 3200/9600/X255 even though it has more zone capability than the
3200, For instance the internet module works better on the 3200 than the
1664.