Re: More VOIP/Digital Voice

> Add an expansion module and box in the other building and then just
> run 4 wires back to the keypad bus
> of the main panel....

I do the same thing with the P9600.  One recent DIY client was a church near Phoenix.  They have three auxiliary structures near the
main building.  Each out building only needed a few zones so I sold them three extra RP1-CAe2 keypads.  The four on-board zones on
each keypad are assigned the same partition as that keypad.  This works like a charm for the customer without needing a separate
zone expander in each building.

In my own church in CT I did the same thing though we only had one out building which was first used as office space but has since
been converted to storage.  The building, which had a single conduit for data cabling, was about 700 feet from the main building.  I
put an RP1-CAe2 in there along with a small Altronix power supply, a stand-alone siren and a Napco programmable relay board.  We
could have installed a separate system for less money but I wanted the ability to arm it from the front building.

We did this or something similar to it many times using P9600 and P3200 systems in residences with detached garages, tool sheds,
barns, etc.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass