Re: More VOIP/Digital Voice

Robert L Bass wrote:
>>Let's do the arithmetic!
>

> Knock yourself out.  With a Napco auxiliary power supply the P9600 has a rated standby current capacity of 1.4 Amps.

I'm sure that while your "heart" is in the right place, your terminology
is a bit "wonky" here.  I've never heard of a "rated standby current
capacity" being applied to an auxiliary power supply.  That phrase has
more to do with the *battery* rating.  I believe dropping the "standby"
would probably convey what you're trying to say a bit better, in that
the total auxiliary power supply *capacity* of the panel is increased to
1400 mA with the inclusion of the Napco auxiliary power supply.  This,
of course has nothing to do with the amount of time the equipment will
function in the event of a power failure.  Roland's forumlation derives
the required battery size for a given equipment current draw over a
given period of time (regardless of the size of the power supply).   Of
course other limitations come into effect here as well (such as the
charger's capacity and whether or not a low battery cut-off circuit is
incorporated to prevent too deep a discharge on the larger capacity
batteries).