Re: More VOIP/Digital Voice

tWW of a 9600?
STANDBY-BATTERY CALCULATION WORKSHEET

> Uh Huh!  Let's see now.
>
> What's the current draw of 8 EZM keypads and 8 motion detectors?  And
> what's the max Aux current of a 9600?

Let's do the arithmetic!

Use the procedure given below to determine the required standby battery
capacity in Ampere-Hours (AH). NOTE: It is not totally accurate

to merely multiply the combined standby current (in amperes) by the standby
time (in hours) to obtain the battery capacity (in

ampere-hours), since other factors (control-panel charging capabilities,
temperature, battery condition, etc.) affect battery operation.

The following calculations will yield the theoretical minimum required
capacity.

1. STANDBY CURRENT

STANDBY CURRENT (Amps)

DEVICE QTY EACH TOTAL

GEM-P9600 1 X 0.120 =

GEM-EZM4/8 X 0.050 =

GEM-EZM8 X 0.050 =

GEM-RP1CAe2/

GEM-K1CA

X 0.100 =

GEM-RP1CAe2/

GEM-K1CA (1)

X 0.035 =

GEM-RP2ASe2/

GEM-K2AS

X 0.065 =

GEM-RP2ASe2/

GEM-K2AS (2)

X 0.020 =

GEM-RP3DGTL/

GEM-K3DGTL

X 0.050 =

RM3008 (3) X 0.040 =

X =

X =

TOTAL STANDBY CURRENT

Amps

(1) Alarm current drawn in alarm.

(2) Alarm Time in Hours. Example: For a 15 minute alarm timeout, Alarm Time
=

15/60 = 0.25.

2. ALARM CURRENT

ALARM CURRENT (Amps)

DEVICE QTY EACH TOTAL

TOTAL STANDBY CURRENT (from Box 1, above)

GEM-P9600 (1) X 0.100 = 0.100

BELLS X =

STROBES X =

HORNS / STROBES X =

X =

X =

Amps

TOTAL ALARM CURRENT

(1) Backlighting disabled (cut Jumpers W1, W2 & W3).

(2) Backlighting disabled (cut Jumpers A, B & C).

(4) Standby Time in Hours.

(Box 1)

Hours

=

AH.

(Standby Time)(4) (Box 2)

Hours

=

AH.

(Alarm Time)(2) (Box 3)

MINIMUM REQUIRED BATTERY CAPACITY = BOX 2 + BOX

AH.