Re: Need to disable sensor (Paradox Spectra 175x-RF)

> I have two service rates one for monitored clients,
> one for locals...the local rate is MUCH higher...

I always charged the same for monitored customers as non-monitored.  However,
when we reached the point that RMR became a more important revenue source than
sales and service I made the decision not to accept new sales of non-monitored
burglar alarms.  We still did a few commercial fire alarms, monitored or local,
but most of them went with monitoring service.  At that point I decided not to
accept service calls for non-monitored systems unless we had done the
installation or if we had previously serviced the system.

We also would decline all service to a system if the customer had previously
defaulted on their monitoring contract with us or with certain other local
dealers who agreed to do the same for us.  Since there were only three companies
in our immediate vicinity who worked with Napco that helped avoid dealing with
deadbeats.  :^)

I've since sold the alarm installation company and built a modestly successful
online alarm and home automation store.  The situation is now completely
reversed.  The vast majority of my new customers are non-monitored.  Those who
request monitoring I refer to NextAlarm for the service and I provide the
hardware.  Occasionally I refer a client to one of the dealers I know online if
they want a local monitoring company and there's someone near them who I believe
will treat them well.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Burglar Alarms
The Online DIY Store
http://www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

--

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups.